5 Places To Sell Diamonds Online
1. Circa recommended by Blue Nile: Blue Nile is a popular online retailer for diamonds and offers a platform for individuals to buy diamonds. Circa is an affiliated business not owned by Blue Nile, but recommended by them. They provide free, insured shipping and professional appraisals.
Pros: They have several walk-in locations and specialize in high-end jewelry.
Cons: They have a very high business operating cost, and must build this into any cash offer to make money.
2. WP Diamonds: WP Diamonds is a well-known diamond buyer that operates online. They offer a free valuation service, and they purchase diamonds of all shapes and sizes.
Pros: Very profesional, and prompt payement. A long-standing reputable buyer.
Cons: They must buy at a discount to the wholesale market and sell to other wholesalers.
3. Diamond Buyers International: Diamond Buyers International is another online diamond buyer that provides a free appraisal and a price quote. They also offer free, insured shipping.
Pros: They offer fast payment.
Cons: Relatively low offer prices can be expected.
4. The Diamond Valet: The Diamond Valet is an online diamond-buying service that offers free appraisals and quotes. They specialize in diamonds over one carat and provide free, insured shipping.
Pros: Fast payment, reliable, and established.
Cons: A fast payment equals a lower offer, and they will likely flip your diamond to other wholesale buyers.
5 . Diamocycle: Sell your diamonds in a secure marketplace to retail buyers. Get help with a market listing price, or sell your diamond at the price you list it for. It is free and easy to market your diamonds for more money. Our company began its family legacy in 1857, over 150 years ago. We endeavor to help you sell your diamonds for more money safely from the comfort of your own home.
Pros: Higher market price and expert guidance in selling diamonds.
Cons: Selling to a retail customer takes longer but can yield you almost two times more than selling to an overnight diamond buyer.
How to Sell Diamonds and Make Money
If you’re looking to sell your diamonds and actually make money, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of a successful sale:
- Get an appraisal: Before you sell your diamonds, it’s essential to get an appraisal from a professional appraiser. This will help you understand the value of your diamond, which will give you a baseline for negotiating the price.
- Research the market: Research the market value of diamonds and see how your diamond compares. Look at online marketplaces and see what similar diamonds are selling for to get an idea of what price range you can expect.
- Choose the right buyer: Look for a reputable buyer with a proven track record of buying and selling diamonds. Check online reviews and ask for references to ensure that you’re working with a trustworthy buyer.
- Be willing to negotiate: When selling diamonds, it’s important to be willing to negotiate. Don’t be afraid to counter an offer or walk away if you’re not getting the price you want.
- Consider selling online: Online diamond marketplaces can offer a wider audience and potentially higher prices than local buyers. Just be sure to use a secure payment method and ship your diamond with insurance.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of selling your diamond for a fair price and making a profit.
Why is it hard to sell diamonds and make money
There are several reasons why it can be challenging to sell diamonds and make money:
- High competition: The diamond market is highly competitive, which means that there are many sellers trying to sell their diamonds. This can drive down the price of diamonds and make it harder to sell them for a profit.
- Fluctuating market prices: The market value of diamonds can fluctuate, making it difficult to predict what price you can sell your diamond for. This can make it challenging to time your sale for the best possible price.
- Diamond grading: Diamonds are graded based on their quality, which can affect their value. If your diamond has a lower grade, it may be more challenging to sell and command a high price.
- Limited resale value: Unlike some other luxury items, such as high-end watches or rare art pieces, diamonds often have limited resale value. This means that even if you paid a high price for your diamond, you may not be able to sell it for a similar price.
- Emotional attachment: Many people have an emotional attachment to their diamonds, which can make it harder to sell them. This emotional attachment can lead to unrealistic expectations of what price they can sell their diamond for, making it more challenging to make a profit.
Overall, selling diamonds can be challenging, and it’s essential to do your research, choose the right buyer, and be realistic about the price you can expect to sell your diamond for. So please drop us a question via online chat or a good old-fashioned phone call with any questions. Then, create a free online listing, and start securely selling now for more money.